Sunday, January 13, 2013

Getting started

I think the security people at Wal-Mart probably have me on some kind of watch list. I've been frequenting the store daily, spending a suspicious amount of time between the home department and the Holiday/Seasonal clearance. I'd be suspicious of me, too, with the amount of time and frequency I've spent in there- trying to find the perfect bins and storage containers and comparing prices, size etc.. I buy some and then go back and buy more. 

 Honestly, I think this particular Wal-Mart would benefit from some organization of their own-their cat-and-mouse antics are not helping me to purchase more, if that's their. In fact, today, I decided to go Lowe's, who has everything laid out neat and easy and found much more for what I was looking for-and for less $$. Here's what I got today, on clearance:
It was $120, which is extravagant for my slim budget but by getting it, I am freeing up a dozen bins I already own, plus utilizing the space/project in the bins (scrapbook/photos/etc). This is a 20 year, ongoing projject and I'm never going to complete it if everything is tucked away in boxes or bins in a closet, under a bed, or in the garage (yes, they were even in the garage). Now it's in my face, and somewhat pretty. Let's see if I really get to it.  

I also bought these Hefty 6.5 qt Storage containers @ 2.67/ea and put them in my freezer but I'll show you that project in a post next week. (It's awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment